Fall Programs

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Music Aquisitons

Ken, (the Franklin Lakes AV librarian) and I are having a lively discussion about some potential audio acquisitions. I love to cook, (Louie, my brother, loves to eat) and when I cook, I listen to music and watch soccer games on tv. I have eclectic taste in music-I enjoy classical as well as current pop tunes. But, most of the time Louie and I listen to music from home. Home is the Peruvian Andes. Ken and I are discussing the possibility of adding some Peruvian music to our collection. The most popular instrument in Peru is the charango-which is similar to a mandolin. The charango has five pairs of strings and what a beautiful sound it makes when the charango is paired siku which is a panpipe. When played, the siku sounds like the wind blowing through the mountains. When Louie hears the siku he gets a far off look in his eyes and dreams about the wind blowing his fur. Well, enough about us, what is your favorite music?

No comments: